A good cup of coffee in a public place away from the comfort of home is the thing that is best suited to relax your mind. Having a sip of coffee at a coffee shop makes the experience special. Coffee shops owners generally believe that if they have mastered the art of making great coffee, their business will become successful. Yes, it is true that a great cup of coffee decides the success of your shop. But, it is important to understand that it is not the only factor that decides success. The location of the coffee shop, the interior design all plays a vital role in the commercial success of the shop. Design a coffee shop [ออกแบบร้านกาแฟ, which is the term in Thai] that can attract more and more customers.
Important elements for designing a successful coffee shop
- Shop culture to target customers: Coffee shops are the place which is there to serve a great coffee experience. Hence, it should not be designed on the basis of your preference,but, the design should be the one that can appeal to your customers. Find out what are things that appeal to the eye of the locales.
- The exterior design of shop: It is not that coffee that catches the attention of the people that is secondary. A person enters the shop by looking at its exterior. Hence, the design of the exterior of your shop should be given due importance. The exterior should mirror the concept and culture of your shop.
- In-store design: Like the exterior design, the interior of your shop is equally important if not more. The customers that visit your shop do not just buy a coffee they even buy their experience. The owners usually try to incorporate different concepts in different sections, which should be avoided. Your concept should be constant and evident.
Tips for the interior design of the coffee shop
- Decide a concept: Deciding the concept of your coffee shop is the important thing as it is your concept that attracts the customers. While designing your coffee shop include the concept of your shop in your in-store design. Your concept should be visible in your design.
- Colours play a role: Colour is one such element that reflects the theme of your shop. It is believed that human emotions are connected to colours. Colours play an important role in creating a happy atmosphere for your customer.
- Lighting: Light is used to elicit feelings and set the mood of the customer. Natural light is the best lighting that can be used. However, it is necessary to have artificial lighting as well. It contributes to the ambience of your shop.