Is the standard management system with the most significant impact in the world. It helps many companies to establish a Quality Management System (QMS) and guarantee the quality of products and services, as well as customer satisfaction. Since this standard is used throughout the world, the constant demand of organizations that feel they need a consultant to help demonstrate compliance with the ISO9001 clauses is understandable. So how can these specific needs be related and applied to the organization and its sector? Therefore, it is logical to think that many people wish to become an ISO consultant (ที่ปรึกษา ISO which is the term in thai) So, what is the best way to achieve this position?
What Requirements Are Needed?
At the beginning of your career as an ISO9001 consultant, you will have to demonstrate your competence to your clients. Thus, to begin with, one must at least count on the following: ISO9001 certificates. At least you should get the lead auditor or the leading implementation certificate, but it would be better if both were obtained. The acquisition of these certificates is not easy, so if you do not have previous knowledge about ISO9001, it is recommended to take some internal auditor, at least, basic courses or requirements of the ISO9001 — project Management Certificate. Since your work will be nothing more than the delivery of projects, you must learn how to execute them.
Ways To Advertise Your Services
- Use your previous job contacts – for example, get an agreement with the client even before starting your consulting, so as to avoid a gap once you start your new job; this is probably the best way to start your career, but be very careful to stay within the ethical boundaries – you should not harm your former employer because of this action.
- Direct sales – spend at least 30% of your time on leads and presentations to potential customers – this is the best way to close a deal.
- Speaking at conferences – probably one of the best ways to build your credibility and to get new contacts. Just be sure to practice your presentation skills, because otherwise, you may end up with less likelihood that you had previously.
- Write expert articles – you should publish your articles in specialized journals and on the Internet – this way, you will show your knowledge to the whole world.
- Provide courses – this is a great way to get new contacts and prove your knowledge.
- Partnerships – you may find some vendors who are compatible (and not competing) with your service – in such cases when they get a deal, they can bring you a new customer.
- And remember – customers will not come on the first day that you start your consulting; on the contrary, in the beginning, you will probably have fewer customers than you imagined – even in your worst-case scenario. This is because the sales cycle is too long – it usually takes a lot of time for a customer to decide to start a project.