If you confused on how to modify the user accounts in Active Directory then use ADManager Plus. It provides the facility to modify the user accounts by importing a CSV file that contains listing of all the users and the analogous attributes that need to be modified. This also allows you to transfer multiple users and change their current location to another. There are some steps that you need to follow to move the users from their location within a specific OU to some other OU.
To modify the users via CSV import, you need to:
- Choose the AD Mgmt tab.
- Select the link of Modify users under the CSV import.
- Import the CSV file and then click OK. Reminder: if you want to move the user accounts by using this feature, the CSV file must always contain the OU name. Name for the user accounts that need to be moved, the CSV file should include LDAP attribute ‘ouName’ which is the header and the OU, the target container as its value.
- By doing this, you will get list of all the users and their attributes.
- In the window of Select Attributes, choose the attributes that you want to modify and stipulate the criteria to find the user account in Active Directory. Further, select the correct available options in Advanced Options tab.
Let us know the method to active directory user import from a CSV using PowerShell:
- Setup the CSV file
For each user account, there are 5 fields that are required which are firstname, lastname, username, password and ou. You need to set each account to import into a particular OU.
- Setup PowerShell script
The only thing that is required to be modified is the actual path to the CSV file and UserPrincableName. Right click the ps1 file and edit it to modify the script. Doing this will open the script in PowerShell ISE. You need to modify this section to right path of CSV file of yours and also you need to change the domain.
- To import the accounts, run the PowderShell Script
At this step, the CSV file need to be setup with all the information of users and the PowerShell Script must be modified. Now you need to execute the script. Click the green button in PowerShell Script to run the script. If it runs successfully, it must return to the prompt. If an account already exists then you need to create another account.
After following these steps, you can utilize the script anytime to generate Active Directory user accounts automatically. This saves a lot of time and helps in doing the work efficiently. You can easily import Active Directory of your enterprise or organization to make certain configuration of users’ profiles like Exchange, E-mail and more. You can simply upload the downloaded CSV file or download the CSV file offered by MDM, update the CSV file and upload it to server of MDM.