Blackjack in South Africa
South African online gambling market is developing. South Africa casinos online provide players from the country to enter the world of online casino with many games. One of the most played casino games, Blackjack is becoming popular because of its ease and simple gameplay. Knowing the rules of the games and options available in it will be helpful to risk money in the game. In this article, let us discuss the gameplay and formats of Blackjack in brief.
Gameplay of Blackjack
The main objective of a Blackjack game is to have a higher-ranking hand than the dealer. The ace card is worth both one or eleven. Each card from two to nine worth their value as points. Three face cards have ten as their points.
- The players will place their bets on the table or mentioned area online
- The dealer will provide two cards to every player
- The dealer will have two cards for himself, one face up and the other face down
- The players’ cards will be face up or face down depending upon the type of casino
- A player can “Hit” to take an extra card to get close to 21
- If the player goes over 21, he busts and loses
- The hitting limit for the dealer is 17
- If a player has an Ace and a ten, he has a Blackjack and he wins the hand
- The player can “Stand” that means he does not take any extra card and let the dealer act hoping he has a better hand than the dealer
- Splitting is the process of splitting up the hand into two when he gets two cards of the same rank by doubling his bet
- Doubling down is the process of doubling the bet to get an additional card
- The process of doubling the split hand is tripling and quadrupling
Surrendering in Blackjack
Surrendering in Blackjack is the process of leaving the hand by giving up half the amount of the bet before the start of the game. It is similar to folding in Poker. In most of the cases, you cannot surrender before the dealer checks for his blackjack. If he has a blackjack, then you cannot give up you half bet. You should give up all your bet amount.
Formats in a Blackjack
A virtual Blackjack is the online version of traditional casino table Blackjack. It allows players to play the standard game of Blackjack game using digitized servers and plugins that run with the help of browser extensions. You do not need to download software to play these games if the sites are web-based. If you choose downloadable games, you should download the required software to your local PC. The results will be computer-generated random numbers.
Live Dealer Blackjack
It is also an online Blackjack casino with an exception that you will be dealing with a dealer physically present in a casino somewhere and will be seeing the happenings online. All the actions will happen in real-time. You can chat with the dealer through the chat facility.