Radio advertising is an advertising tool similar to television advertising. Many companies prefer to advertise the product through the radio in order to promote their product and services. The radio stations get paid for broadcasting the commercials on their radio channel by the advertisers. Radio advertising can be done by using several means as we use for television advertising or print advertising. Lastminute multimedia is a company that provides services with low radio advertising cost Melbourne.
Types of Radio Advertising
The type of radio advertising to be selected depends on your brand and the type of message that you wish to convey. The following are the radio adverting choices:
- Live read: Live read is a format where the radio announcer tells about the commercial in real-time. It is one of the most effective modes of advertising mainly when announced by an on-air host. The voice of the host of any on-air show gives extra weight to the commercial.
- Sponsorship: Radio stations use radio sponsorships which are advertised during break time in between on-going radio segments like sports, weather, etc. It is generally used as a medium to advertise the brand name of the company.
- Produced spot: A produced spot is where the announcer either simply reads the message to the audience or it may even incorporate sounds and music. It catches the attention of the listener and tells the listeners about your company.
Reasons to use radio as a tool for advertising
- Immediate response: Radio is one of the fastest modes of delivering information to the audience. It takes less time and is effective when the information is to be transmitted on an immediate basis. People usually listen to the radio while driving or relaxing. These are the perfect time to reach the audience.
- Great selling value: Radio has great sales value and is used everywhere. People use the radio in the car, at the workplace, on mobile phones as a companion for the day. It has the best advertising force as people are always in contact with radio in one way or the other.
- Intimacy: Radio advertises your product with intimacy and emotions. Emotions are the weak point of any human being. It is necessary that the advertisement touches the heart of the audience to get the desired results.
- Targets the mind: Radio usually targets the mind of its audience. A human being is called an emotional animal. We move in the direction where we find emotions. Radio touches those strings of emotions and allows the audience to connect to the advertiser emotionally.